Thursday, June 3, 2010

Doubt

Hey readers/writers

Sorry it's been a minute since my last post. I've been going through a serious case of doubt. I did something that no writer should do during the process of writing his/her novel... I evaluated it. Wrong!!!! I knew there were mistakes. I knew there were holes in my story, holes I planned to fix in my revision phases. Well seeing my lack luster work made me doubt myself. Was I the right person to tell this story. Would anyone ever get to experience the story in my head. I was consumed with my doubt that I failed to realize the most important thing. When I began this story I was writing it for my eyes only. I was the only one that mattered when thinking of my story. I had begun to put my audience before myself. As a lesson I vow to never put my story or my self under the constraint of pleasing the audience. This is my story... my bond with my characters and tend to stick to it!!! :)

Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment